|Bouse paired with terra cotta shorts|
|Bouse paired with a salmon jeans skirt|
I failed to deliver a finished garment this last monday - and I totally underestimated the time that I would need to finish this little cropped blouse with the puff sleeves - it was quite quick to sew up until I made the finishing touches: I did all top-stitching by hand with a thicker cotton thread that I once bought for an embroidery project and I usead really big and bold stitches. Sadly, this was meant to be a test-garment and so I used a quite small remnant I grabbed at the fabric store a few weeks back and there was not enough fabric to line up the pattern in all pieces.
|Blouse top-stitching details|
The pattern is from a japanese book called "good looking" and I changed it a little bit by not adding the opening in the front! It is wide enough to comfortably put it one by just pulling it over my head. I even cut away the seam allowance on the vertical seams and now it sits really well in the front and the back without looking baggy - a little better on my body than on the doll ;-)